Archives we do not hold
We don’t hold records for:
- Medway (with a few exceptions)
- the Canterbury City Council area (with a few exceptions)
- former areas of Kent which are now part of Greater London (Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich and Woolwich, and Lewisham).
The following records are kept by other organisations:
- birth, marriage and death certificates after 1837 are kept by the Kent Registration Office and the General Register Office
- military service records after 1923 are kept by the Ministry of Defence
- wills after 1858 are kept by the Probate Service
- certificates of naturalisation from 1 October 1986 are kept by the UK Border Agency
- adoption records are kept by Kent Adoption or the General Register Office.